Pink Perforated Silicone Baking Mat
· Half Sheet: 29 x 42 cm (Approximately 11.42" x 16.54") *NEW SIZE! PREVIOUS MEASUREMENT WAS 30CM*
*** PLEASE READ: CHECK MEASUREMENT OF YOUR PANS BEFORE PURCHASING MATS!!! MAKE SURE TO MEASURE THE BASE OF YOUR PANS TO ENSURE MAT WILL FIT, AS ALL ITEMS ARE FINAL SALE (NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES). PLEASE READ ENTIRE DESCRIPTION BEFORE PURCHASING.***
I LOVE these baking mats! Not only do they have such a pretty pink color, but they are also extremely functional! What makes these mats special is the perforated silicone grids. The “mesh” allows for more air flow, creating a nice even bake and gives the back of your cookies a textured grid. Now, why the pink color? I was the first in the Cookie Community to introduce this color and sizing. The pink color also isn't just for looks! When I designed these mats, I specifically selected this color instead of the standard black to promote a more even baking and prevent over browning. A lighter color mat will reflect heat more evenly, while a darker color will absorb it, making for crusty bottoms. The darker mats were historically designed for use as bread mats to produce that crusty bottoms desired for bread baking. When I tried to bake on the generic black mats, I found that while they created a beautiful pattern, the bottom of my cookies would be too hard for my liking. I didn't want a crusty cookie lol! I discovered that by designing the silicone a lighter pink color, it helped combat this problem!
· 100% Silicone coated fiberglass mesh perforated baking mat
· Freezer and oven safe. Heat resistant up to 400 Fahrenheit.
· Hand wash the mat in warm water with a mild dish washing soap using a soft sponge. Rinse and air dry.
· Non-stick silicone (do not grease or use parchment)
· Store mat flat or rolled. Do not fold or place heavy items on top of it.
· To use, place mat on baking sheet. NEVER place mat directly on over rack. Bake cookies as per recipe instructions.
· Use only a silicone, nylon or wood tool to remove cookies. Do NOT use sharp metal utensils as it may cut the mat.
· Do NOT cut the mat or use sharp tools to cut directly on the mat.
· NOT dishwasher safe!
· To clean, hand wash in warm water using a mild FRAGRANCE FREE dish washing soap, using a soft sponge. Thoroughly rinse multiple times to ensure no soap remains in the perforated grids. Let air dry.
· Do not use harsh cleaners or abrasive cleaning pads.
· As with using new baking tools, you may find that you will need to adjust your baking times or temperature slightly (I bake using a convention oven at 325F for 9-12 min for standard 4" cookies)
· Note: A slight oil residue is normal after washing, as is discoloration. Neither will affect the performance of the mat.
It is normal for silicone mats to absorb oils & fragrances. I find it best to designate these mats for baking cookies and not use it interchangeably with baking other food such as fish. Below are some cleaning tips to help remove smells and greasy residue.
· Using a soft sponge or soft bristle brush, scrub with a paste made of warm water and baking soda, let sit for 10 min, then rinse.
· Cut a lemon in half and scrub it directly on the mat.
· Warm the silicone in the over (this will allow the silicone molecules to expand & secrete flavored smelly oils). Then, while the mat is still hot, immediately plunge it in a bath of warm water and white vinegar or lemon juice.